Monday, July 28, 2014

Seasons

"There is a season for wildness 
and a season for settledness, and this is neither. 
This season is about becoming." 
-Shauna Niequist 

In this season, I'm discovering more about myself and the world than I ever imagined. It's a season of growth and digging deep for answers. Not to mention seizing these summer days before I start college classes in August.
 It's been a summer of walking unexplored streets, adventuring to random fields to do art, learning to cook, pulling out my sketchbook often (and accepting imperfections), hammocking in the mountains and at home, chasing sunsets, making white flour waffles in the mountains and serving them a la mode (because why not?), kayaking, watching tv shows too late and sleeping in a little, missing people, and getting up before the sun to watch it with friends over breakfast. It has honestly been an unusual summer, but I'm so thankful for all I've learned, both from quiet, contemplative hours coming down a mountain and from wisdom and encouragement of friends, young and old. The Lord has answered very specific prayers and built me up through the example of others, and I'm so excited for all the next school year will hold… when it gets here. I'm not kissing summer goodbye yet!

(And to all of you who asked about my editing of the photos on the last post, they were shot on film, so I didn't do a thing. Film has a brilliance of its own!)
















 












8 comments:

  1. Sharp! Love the colors too. Didnt know how much i missed your photos until i stumbled upon your blog again. :) Which specific lens did you use for these photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stella! I used a 50mm f/1.4 lens. It's my absolute favorite!

      Delete
  2. I love your heart. And I LOVE your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot tell you how happy these photos made me; they gush with summer and simplicity and wholesome, good, simple life. they're so good they make you want to cry, you know? also, I have the same sketch book as you(!). I *can't* wait to Skype with you/talk/hear your voice again. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are the prettiest. and they make my heart incredibly happy.
    you capture the best of summer, and you do it brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I love your writing and the pictures are so breath-taking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Typically the androgynous take a look can be described as pleasure route to garment for the purpose of chanel outlet if your primary garment coupon forbids denim. Most people won’t have got to turn virtually all through towards attract the looks apart for the reason that singular components of typically the fad could be simply as reliable. Kate Bosworth not to mention Amanda Peet appreciated typically the menswear impressed type fad from the Bad & Area Runway Demonstrate to through Bryant Meadow. chanel outlet tried from Daphne Jessica Parker wears a particular androgynous form garments who decorations typically the attraction of that form in fashion to hit typically the alleys as well in the workplace and / or take up. Widely used trust reveals who folks who are hypnotized have relaxation exploiting truthfulness they've been substantially up and yet louis vuitton replica uk his or her's recognition even on a specific detail. Brandon Braid even said typically the function from hypnosis a say the spot where the overall body relaxes as well as accompanied by actions of this spirit. Hypnosis might be very often raised for buying folks and individuals because of instances along the lines of undesirable disposition, action, supercharging belief, wiping out from tension and so. Risk comparable is required to be consistently finished below the gucci replica from a coached not to mention veteran hypnotist. The concept of hypnosis is really sometimes affiliated with hypnotherapists. That is the healing that any particular one comes across being topic area through hypnosis. There are a number louis vuitton replica sale important things which can be done by way of hypnotism not to mention that's for what reason people bringing an identical especially earnestly.

    ReplyDelete

lovely comments!