Saturday, July 2, 2011

Different.

Just this week, a Latin teacher of mine dropped by with some awesome fabric, buttons, and sparkly embellishments. I was speechless at the amount of pearls and sequins I kept pulling from the sack- it felt like a never-ending supply! Anyhow, yesterday I was sorting the buttons and took this picture. I printed it off and had typed in the bottom right corner 'different'. That's how I feel sometimes, but I love it because I'm okay with myself. I don't need to be like everybody else because different is a good thing! In fact, different is what changes the world. So I'm just going to keep being my different self and try to change the world a little bit each day. So if you're like me, I encourage you to keep being different despite what people think. The way I see it, it's usually only the truly different people who inspire me to change or to keep being who I am. Be who you're called to be and you never know how many people you will inspire.

Here is a list I made a few months ago about being different when I was struggling with it. (I'm not really that discouraged anymore, don't worry!)

Different...

Is hard to be.

takes courage.

isn't bad.

has rewards.

is confident.

doesn't care what they think.

changes the world.

1 comment:

  1. I SO love you & all your "differentness" - is that a word? You are truly amazing & I love being your mom!

    ReplyDelete

lovely comments!