Today I'm sixteen. And I don't know how it happened, except through time flying and God being faithful.
In stead of rambling about growing up for five paragraphs, here's a list of sixteen little truths about me... that you may or may not have known.
1. I don't wear makeup... except for mascara maybe twice a month. You can call me crazy. I know I'm different.
2. I went to Africa once. And I want to go back.
3. I much prefer the word 'joy' to the word 'happiness.'
4. Laughter is my favorite thing to photograph.
5. I have always loved red hair. (Like the color my hair looks in the first picture! It's just the sunlight, but I'd like to believe it actually looks like that.)
6. I love little children more than you can know, and I can't wait to have some of my own someday.
7. I have an irrational fear of exploding dishwashers. :)
8. Sometimes color is more delicious than food to me.
9. I'm really good at making awkward situations out of perfectly normal ones.
10. I'm somehow related to Ella Ewing, who was 8 foot, 4 inches tall.
11. I want to learn how to tap dance.
12. When I was about ten or so, my toe got stabbed with a pitchfork. It's my own fault for wearing flip-flops while unloading mulch.
13. I'd prefer daisies to roses.
14. I know a lot about adoption (from experience).
15. I love to smile.
16. My God is too wonderful for words.
Lately I've come to the deep realization that everything I do, I couldn't do without God's help, and He deserves the glory for all of it. Even though sometimes I'm tempted to think I did things on my own, I have to remember who created me, and it all goes back to Him.
So for everything I've ever done, may the glory be to God alone.
"Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name be the glory because of your love and faithfulness."