Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Stop the glorification of busy.












"Stop the glorification of busy."

I like slowness and rest and quiet mornings by the pool. There is so much that can come from time in the Word, a yogurt parfait, and thoughts + memories being continuously scribbled down on paper. There's so much that happens in life, and so little time to stop and reflect on it all, especially in this crazy-busy world. But I'm making it my goal to unplug, slow down, and write about the things that matter. The summer night drives with ginger ale and Mumford & Sons, the compliments from J. Crew employees, the peach stand disasters, the dog piles and crepes and adventures in The City. All of these moments are important and I'm learning just how important it is to write them down before I forget. Write about my struggles, my victories, my thoughts, feelings, memories-- so I can look back and see what God has done, how I have changed, how He has answered prayers, how funny that day was. Memory is key. (Anyone read The Giver?) 

How do memories affect you?

2 comments:

  1. :). Love the super blue water pictures, by the way :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photography, and am a new reader of your blog :) LOVE the pictures in this post!! They meld so perfectly...

    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

lovely comments!