Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Chocolate Souffle for Lou {a Guest Post by Cindi}


 I thought I would dedicate a souffle to Lou. I know Lou has done a post on a delicious souffles she has made in the past. I also know she loves souffles, as many of you might know by reading her previous posts. So...I thought I might include this recipe, because a girl can never have too many souffle recipes. 

Individual Chocolate Soufflés
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon powdered instant coffee
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar

1.     Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2.     Grease and sugar eight 6-ounce ramekins.
3.     In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4.     Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5.     Scald milk. Remove from heat and add powdered coffee, stirring until dissolved.
6.     Stir together flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add alternately with milk mixture to butter mixture. Beat 1 minute on medium.
7.     Divide batter evenly among ramekins.
8.     Place ramekins in 2 8-inch square pans. Pour hot water in bottom of pans to 1/8 inch deep and place pans in oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9.     Remove pans from oven and let ramekins stand in water for 5 minutes.
10.   Remove ramekins from water and let cool slightly.
11.   You can serve in dish or invert onto dessert plates.
12.   For topping: beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in small mixing bowl until stiff and spoon onto warm soufflés.



This is how I came to love souffles. It was upon arriving home from a long day, I felt a craving for chocolate.As I scanned through one of my favorite food blogs, I  finally spotted what fit my craving. A chocolate souffle. It was the first time that I had ever eaten or baked a chocolate souffle, I can undoubtedly say it was the most delectable thing ever. As I watched the sun disappear into the sky, I slowly savored on the last bit of souffle,  hoping to prolong the moment. It  made me itch for Paris all the more. 


{About the writer- I love the Lord with all my heart, and without Him I would be nothing.  I am.. an amateur photographer. Fifteen years of age. Lover of writing. Dreamer of adventuring to Paris. Pianist. And most of all, a girl trying to serve the Lord in every aspect of life.}




4 comments:

  1. ah!! this looks delicious (: thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word that looks way too delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so. not. far. okay i'm going to the grocery store now. ;) :P :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. my word, does that look beyond amazing or what!?! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

lovely comments!