Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here we are at the end, here we are at the beginning.

2011 is in our rearview mirror, fading into the distance, and 2012 has sauntered joyfully in. I'm slightly sad to see the year go because it was one of the very best years yet. I also have a plenty of mistakes and regrets, but I don't think I'd take many back because I have learned so incredibly much from each one. And now I am ready to welcome in the new year, fresh, with no mistakes in it... yet. I know I will leave this year with plenty of them, but I hope I will also leave with memories, things made beautiful, hearts encouraged, knowledge gained, faith strengthened, and more patience and love for everyone I may meet.
I love new beginnings, clean slates, and a chance to change. This year, especially. I can't wait to change the way I do things slightly. To stop wasting my time, and do things that will improve me as a person in stead. To use my imagination, spend time with kids, and go on adventures I'll never forget rather than wasting time on Facebook that, in 50 years, I will only regret wasting. That is something I wish more teens these days would understand-- these are the most free days of our lives, and we can do so much with them, if only we get off the computers, phones, TVs, and get creative with our entertainment. I hope this year will be wonderful for you, full of things you will never forget! 

A blessed new year to you!!

Love, hugs, and great waves of inspiration,

Lou

[entirely random picture of bread from our saturday morning outing]

6 comments:

  1. happy new year to you, dearheart :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new yeaaarrr sweetiieee!!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post dearie! And Happy New Year! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Lou! Thanks for stopping by my blog ;) I thought that maybe it would be better to reply to you here!

    Thank you for those kind words! I am in love with your blog as well...following now.
    I use a Panasonic Lumix GF1 to take my pictures, and for the filters, I experiment with the iPhoto picture effects (saturation,brightness,colors) and also different layers and downloaded brushes on Photoshop. There are lots of websites though, that have lots of different photoshop image actions like deviant art! <3

    Love, stella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post! :)) The moment I saw that picture, guess what I thought of???? Hunger Games. haha. :) That is an amazing picture, it looks like the ones you would find on weheartit or pinterest. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cindi! Those breads DO remind me of Peeta <3 *dreamy sigh*
    By the way, you have a way with words, dearie :)
    Happy New Year, Lou!

    ReplyDelete

lovely comments!