This is an idea I saw on Jocee's blog that came from Georgie. Basically, if I understand it correctly, I'm just going to be sharing with you about a character I created by answering questions given to me about her. Note: this character does not necessarily resemble me. In fact, this character may be very different from me... I'm not exactly sure yet. :) So, let's get going! But before we start, I suppose I should tell you her name. Yes, that would be a good idea. Her name is Aurelia Katherine. Aurelia means "golden" and Katherine means "pure".
1. What is their biggest accomplishment? When she was thirteen, she won a National Young Writers competition- first in her age category.
2. What is their strongest childhood memory? Packing up her quill pen and ink (she preferred classic pens rather than those fake, plastic ones), freshly baked honey cakes, and her ragged old sweater into her rucksack, then sneaking off to her favorite place in the woods to write. It was a perfect fallen log, enclosed on one side by the shadows of the trees on the creek bank, and facing a wide, open field on the other.
3. What is their favorite food? Without a doubt, pumpkin pancakes.
4. Do they believe in love at first sight? Yes. Aurie Kate is a dreamy romantic, with her head in the clouds at all times. But while she does believe in it, she rarely lets her feelings show. In stead, she runs away with everything in her head and dreams about love until she is sure of it so she
5. What kind of home do they live in? A small, homey farmhouse on the edge of the country, always filled with music, laughter and the aroma of something in the oven. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, but always warmed by a wood stove.
6. What do they like to wear? Usually quaint dresses, bootcut jeans, and sweaters galore.
7. What would they do if they discovered they were dying? Aurelia would busy herself with finishing her latest novel, spend as much time with her closest friends as she could, and write a letter to everyone who meant something to her.
8. What kind of holidays, or traditions do they celebrate? Celebrations with no national date on the calendar are her favourite. Christmas is a given. During Christmastime, her house is filled with red velvet bows, wreaths made by her mother, cakes and pies, homemade ornaments, presents wrapped with brown paper and ribbons, carols being sung constantly, and the studying and retelling of the story of Christmas in the evenings.
9. What do your other characters have to say about them? Most of my other characters would say that Aurie is entrancing. Lovely. Delightful. Unique. Aurie is not loud and obnoxious, but she has a magical way of catching your attention. Although she is not a typical kind of model gorgeous, she is the kind of pretty that makes you stop and stare, look into her blue-grey eyes, study her every unique, intricate feature, and stay awake all night, trying to find the key to this beautiful mystery. That is just what she is. A beautiful mystery. Her mysteriousness is what makes her so special. She isn't the girl who is so desperate that she gives her heart away. She doesn't care what people think. She holds her secrets close. And when she is finally sure of love, she wades her way into it, being careful until she is sure that she can trust her lover.
10. If they could change one thing in their world, what would it be? She would change two things. Is that legal? I'm going to say it is. First, she would renew a love of classic literature. And second, she would share the gospel and God's love to the whole world.
Well, there you have it, folks! This was very enjoyable- more than I thought it would be. If I can find an accurate photo, I will post it soon! Thank you for reading!
Love and a hug you all!!