Thursday, September 8, 2011

El Outtakes {take three}


Good afternoon, dears! It is a beautiful day! I could say many things about the past twelve hours, but I will just lay out the main points.
-In the early hours, I made some hot cocoa to begin the day (when I say hot cocoa, I mean the real stuff: heat up the milk on the stove, stir in the sugar, add some cocoa and vanilla...)
-I painted a little something for my bestie's sweet sixteen! (see tomorrow)
-around 10:30 I got to Rosie's house and we accomplished two lab experiments together. *high five* hurray for us! Oh, and I got to use a superduperamazinglyawesome microscope!!! Yes, yes, I know I'm a nerd, but if you were there, you would be just as ecstatic as I am. ;)
-Following biology came drama callbacks! As much as I wanted Susan, I don't believe that I am going to be cast as her. However, I am speculating that I may get the part of Mrs. Beaver. Funny thing, I was Mrs. Beaver about seven years ago in a church play--I just found the picture of me all bundled up in a fur coat with an apron tied around me, looking like a little chub. :))
-Due to that feeling that just says "I'm so tired. I don't want to do anything. Leave me alone and get me out of here," I went on a quick run. And I should be doing pushups right now... maybe later. :) Yay for procrastination!
-Feeling inspired by the glorious rays of sunshine landing on my face during my run, I snapped a few pictures. Here is one:


And yes, I know it's not good. I wasn't feeling particularly motivated. Today has been great until now. And there is no exact reason why I'm not feeling amazing right now. Maybe it's that I just want to stop the world and get off. Run away and find some solitude- read a book, sketch a scene, or just let my imagination carry me away. Daydreams can be a great escape.
Or maybe it is that I'm having a case of blogger insecurity. It's the feeling of seeing beautiful blog designs, enchanting photos, intriguing writing, and endearing authors, and wanting to be like them but not be them. Be inspired, but not a copycat. Wanting to step into their world, but realizing that I can't. Wanting to produce the same kind of artwork I see, but not even having the ability to. I suppose that is where I can grow. Oh, and the follower issue. I enjoy posting, but I would feel better if I knew that I was making a big impact... kind of hard to do when you have three followers. But maybe something I post will encourage one of you. :)

And I just forgot about something in the oven. Typical me. Oh dear. If I don't post tomorrow, it's because I ran away. ;) And no, I did not let the dog out. Or feed her. Or walk her.

To tie things up, I think that I could have been kinder, more patient, and more optimistic. But I guess that's what tomorrow is for, right?
Love to all!

yours as ever,

Maggie. Lindsey. Lou. Everest. Toots.

{P.s. Got a letter from Sonya today! :))}
{P.p.s. hahaha I just realized that I linked to you, sonya when you're probably the only one who will read this... except for my mother. :)}
{P.p.p.s. I am going to try to switch things up tomorrow}

2 comments:

  1. oh, don't be to hard on yourself! But it is fun to hear about your days and what they are like.-:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Sonya! I think it was just kind of a bad time to write.. :)

    ReplyDelete

lovely comments!